The Best stainless steel litter box is the Iprimio stainless steel litter box.
Have you ever tried finding the best stainless steel litter box on the market only to realize there are more options than you can handle?
We know how it is.
That’s why I’ve come up with this nifty little guide, so that’s it’s super simple to understand which stainless steel cat litter pan is perfect for your furry friend.
I like to experiment with my cats a lot. One of these experiments led to me wonder if stainless steel would make an ideal litter box for one of my cats.
I did some research about the pros and downsides of stainless steel, and I think that it’s better than plastic for litter boxes.
One of the cleanliest, most sophisticated ways to house your cat is with a metal cat litter pan.
Stainless Steel has no pores which means no smell clings to it and won’t penetrate its surface or onto the surrounding environment.
They’re hygienic, easy to clean and look fashionable in any home.
The sleek finish also makes for a stylish, refined addition to any household.
Stainless steel cat litter boxes are starting to become more common in the cat industry.
Getting one is an important purchase and not something that should be taken lightly.
After all, it’s a big investment in your kitty’s health and happiness.
If you have a cat and are looking to get it a litter box and want a stainless steel pan, here’s my recommendation.
I own one of these and have used it for quite some time.
Stainless steel boxes are considered to be some of the best litter boxes for multiple reasons. Here, I will explain what makes them so useful.
I’ll also go over some of the top metal cat litter trays on the market today, so let’s get started!
Stainless Steel Litter Box Top Picks
If you are pressed for time, here are the top 5 picks of metal cat litter boxes that I recommend for your home:
- Iprimio stainless steel litter box
- Yangbaga stainless steel litter box
- Ohm Earths Ohmbox – stainless steel cat litter box
- Kichwit Stainless Steel Cat Litter Box
- Frisco Stainless Steel Cat Litter Box, 23-in
Why Should I Replace My Older Litter Box with a Stainless Steel One?
When it comes to replacing your litter box, you certainly have to aim for better. The following are reasons why you should replace your litter box.
- Durability- It is 100 percent steel, making it long-lasting. Even if it falls, a few bends are what it needs to return the box to its original shape.
- Super easy to clean- Soap and water are enough to keep your litter box sparkly. Stainless steel makes it easy to peel off the sticky clumps.
- It doesn’t have odor residue– Stainless steel is entirely odor-free, unlike plastics, which have a distinctive smell when you purchase them.
- Price– Although a little bit pricy, stainless steel can last a lifetime.
The Best Stainless Steel Litter Boxes:
1. Iprimio stainless steel litter box
Iprimio ultimate Stainless-steel cat XL litter box is the most tried and tested stainless litter box.
It’s an extra-large box in measurements, 23.5 inches long, 15.5 inches wide, and 6 inches deep, hence suitable for both cats and kittens.
- It’s an open litter box, making it easy for your cat to access it.
- This stainless steel cat litter box contains rubber feet at the bottom to prevent slipping and sliding, thus protecting your floor from any damages
- It comes in an ergonomic design, as its edges are rounded, making it safe to carry around
- It never absorbs odor, rust, and stains.
- This stainless steel cat litter box is easy to clean because of the non-stick surface.
- It’s a bit pricey
- The sides aren’t high enough for big cats; thus, it’s easier to create a mess
2. Yangbaga stainless steel litter box
Yangbaga is a stainless-steel litter box with high sides.
It’s a mess-free litter box with measurements of 18, by 16 by 24. It doesn’t rust as it’s made of premium quality stainless steel.
It’s among the best stainless steel litter pans.
- Extra-large– has extra high sides, ensuring no litter is spilled when the cats get in and out of the box.
- Has a non-slip bottom. It has four rubber pieces at the bottom to prevent the box from sliding around while using it.
- Safe for both cats and human beings– has no sharp edges; hence you can easily pick it up without hurting your hands.
- The stainless steel metal pan doesn’t harbor bacteria like plastic.
- Smooth non-stick surface making it easy to clean.
- Wet clumping litters sometimes do stick on the stainless steel litter pans.
3. Ohm Earths Ohmbox- stainless steel cat litter box
This stainless-steel litter box is specifically designed for both cats and kittens for their training and everyday use.
The metal litter pan is extra-large hence suitable for multi-cat households and homes with big cats.
- The stainless steel cat litter pan doesn’t absorb odor and stain free
- The edges are rounded for safety when carrying the box around
- The metal litter pan has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Nonstick thus easy to clean
- The metal litter pan can be too big for your cat or kitten
- It doesn’t offer the option of the hood for litter boxes.
4. Kichwit Stainless Steel Cat Litter Box
This is a large stainless-steel cat litter box, making it suitable for most big cats.
It’s a long-lasting box and measures 21.1 x 13.1 x 5.9 inches.
The product is made of stainless steel, making it rust-resistant hence super durable.
- Round edges make it comfortable to hold
- Odor control- doesn’t cause or retain odors
- The stainless steel cat litter pan is easy to clean
- The metal litter tray might be too large for small cats.
5. Frisco Stainless Steel Cat Litter Box, 23-in
This is a large-sized metal litter box for cats that’s easily washable.
- Unlike plastic litter boxes, this litter box is robust and won’t crack
- The metal litter box doesn’t stain.
- Your cat will have plenty of areas to dig into their business without feeling crowded.
- The stainless-steel design provides a clean, elegant appeal.
- Non-skid pads are necessary for preventing spills.
- Curved edges are designed to make it safer to use around your animal pet.
- The metal litter tray may be a bit pricey
What to Consider When Choosing a Steel Litter Box
There are several factors you can consider when it comes to choosing a litter box. A litter box enables you to keep your cat’s waste in one designated place in your home and keep unpleasant odors away from your home.
Size is the number one factor when it comes to opting for these boxes. The box needs to be about 21 by 12, by 16 inches. It should be big enough to fit a medium-sized mature cat.
It would help if you didn’t go for a litter that’s too shallow, as your cat might not like it in there. Your cat should have ample space to enable it to dig around the box, without creating a mess around the house.
A litter box with a size of 5- 7 inches would be ideal for your cat unless it loves kicking litter. The cats need to enter and exit the box with ease. Cats with arthritis or mobility issues would certainly prefer low entry points.
Although not a priority, style does matter when it comes to where you want to place it in your home. You can go for modern or sleek designs, or decide to go for a closed litter box inside a piece of furniture.
4. Shape and type:
Steel litter box design comes in different sizes, shapes, and types. There are mainly two types; open and enclosed boxes. No matter the type, the entrance and exit should be low enough for your cat to go in and out of the box with ease. Open boxes should have high sides to prevent urine sprays and litter scatters.
Enclosed litter boxes should have a large entry and exit way for the cat to pass comfortably.
5. Quality material:
You need to go for a stainless pan. Any steel litter box made of 24 gauge and above or better steel is incredible. Metal increases your box durability.
Your litter box needs to be easy to scoop and clean. A wrong litter box has ridges, crevices, and divots where cat waste and clump litter can stick. If you aren’t into cleaning, then self-cleaning litter boxes will save you a lot of hustle.
Benefits of using a stainless-steel litter box
- Durable- The best part of stainless-steel litter boxes is their ability to last. In case you are tired of buying and disposing of the plastic litter box after every few years, then this litter box is for you
- Eco-friendly -stainless litter boxes are made of sustainable material. You can easily recycle these boxes.
- They are odor-free –Unlike the stainless litter box, which absorbs odor, plastic ones don’t.
- Easy to clean – You won’t need hours when it comes to cleaning this box. Aside from the smudges, it’s easier to clean than the plastic ones. Wipe it with a rag, or wash it with soap and water, and you are good to go.
- Hygienic – These litter boxes don’t collect bacteria or mold, unlike the plastic ones.
- They come in modern designs.
- Saves you money– stainless steel can last you forever. It might even become the last box you are purchasing for your feline friends.
Disadvantages of using a Stainless Steel Litter Box
- Expensive-You might be forced to spend a little more money than you are used to when it comes to acquiring these boxes. Most actually cost double as compared to plastic ones.
- Not widely available– Unfortunately, it can be quite hard to come across these products across local stores. You have to order the products online.
- They don’t come with lids – If you prefer litter boxes with lids, stainless steel boxes might not fulfill your desires, as most come lidless.
- Your cat might not use it- You cat might refuse to use this litter box, even after you spent a fortune on it since they are fickle creatures.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where Can You Put A Stainless Litter Box in A Small House or Apartment?
The obvious answer is to just leave it out in the living room.
But if you are looking to hide the cat’s litter box in plain sight, then there are other options.
You may want to consider where your cat likes to be when they go to the bathroom or you might want to do what’s convenient for you.
Bathroom – The second most popular place is the bathroom. You can use any extra space you have available or even tuck it away in a corner as this customer did with her litter box.
Hallway – There’s often unused space in the hallway between rooms, right outside the door frame. This is another great place to put your stainless cat litter box out of the way and leave more room for your furniture and other items in your living room or bedroom.
Are stainless steel litter boxes better?
Yes, stainless steel litter boxes are better than traditional plastic litter boxes.
There are several reasons why a stainless steel litter box might be better than other types.
One is that they’re much easier to clean. Stainless steel is nonporous, so stains, odors, and liquids can’t get absorbed into the material itself. That makes it very easy to clean with a simple hose down and wipe down.
Another benefit is that most stainless steel litter boxes are made from one piece of metal with no seams or joints. This means there is nowhere for bacteria or germs to hide out and multiply. If you’re looking for the ultimate in hygienic litter boxes, stainless steel has to be top of the list.
As well as being durable, stainless steel is an affordable material compared to some others. When you buy a stainless steel litter box, you know you’re getting something that’s not only going to last forever but also isn’t going to break the bank.
Stainless steel cat litter boxes are typically heavier than regular plastic ones, which means your furry friend won’t be able to push them around easily or tip them over when they’ve finished using the bathroom.
Can you use an aluminum pan for cat litter?
Yes, you can use an aluminum pan for cat litter.
There are many benefits to using a cat litter box with an aluminum pan.
Aluminum pans are lightweight and durable, making them easy to carry when cleaning the litter box.
They also resist cracking or breaking in comparison to plastic pans that may become brittle over time.
This means that your cat’s litter box will last longer and be more hygienic.
Many aluminum pans come with a non-stick coating as well which helps prevent urine odor from building up inside them; this makes it easier for you to clean their litter box without having to scrub away at dried urine stains!
What is the best litter box material?
The best litter box material types are those that won’t be easily scratched or damaged during use.
The most common cat litter box materials are plastic and metal.
Plastic is the cheapest, lightweight, and comes in all shapes and sizes.
Metal, on the other hand, is more expensive, heavy and usually comes as a large open pan.
Stainless steel metal is the best material for litter boxes.
Stainless steel litter boxes have been around for a while, but they’re still finding their way into cat owners’ homes.
A stainless steel cat litter box offers a lot of benefits over regular, plastic ones.
To sum it up, stainless steel is a great option for those that are looking for a litter box that should last a long time.
It will clean easily and maintain its appearance over time.
Thanks to the smooth surface, your cat will be less likely to leave scratches on the box like they would on plastic options.
That being said, they also come with some drawbacks, and it’s vital to examine both sides before making a purchase.
Hopefully, my list of pros and cons has given you the right information to make this purchase confidently.